Hong Kong is not only famous for its first-class entertainment areas, beautiful and romantic places, but it also attracts tourists by its historical and cultural relics. And the best place you can learn about the development of this Thom Port country is the Hong Kong History Museum. So what are you waiting for, follow Wetravelguides to follow the article below right now.
A brief introduction to the Hong Kong History Museum
It is known that the History Museum in Hong Kong is one of the oldest and most famous museums in the city. This is the place to keep a lot of historical heritages dating back to hundreds of millions of years, along with impressive ancient customs. Therefore, coming to the museum, visitors will have the opportunity to learn more clearly about a Hong Kong from the ancient years, to the modern development today.
Address and how to get to the Hong Kong History Museum
- The address of the History Museum in Hong Kong: Located at 100 Chatham Rd S, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong.
- Time the museum is open: From 10am to 18pm.
- Admission: HK $ 10 / person.
Getting to the museum is not too difficult, there are many vehicles to choose from. However, you can use the bus or the MRT system to get to Tsim Sha Tsui. Then get off and take a taxi to move to the History Museum in Hong Kong.
Learn about the Hong Kong History Museum
Previously, there was only one museum in Hong Kong, called the Hong Kong Museum of Art. But then, until 1975, the city government decided to divide this museum into two areas with separate themes, namely the Hong Kong Museum of Art and the Hong Kong History Museum.
As for the history museum area, there is a total area of more than 7,000 m2. This place is like a door back to the past, when inside is a huge collection of heritage, antiques up to 400 million years ago, along with detailed information about them, help You better understand Hong Kong’s strong development. It is also because of those historical evidences that are highly appreciated by researchers, making the museum not only famous domestically, but also overseas.
The museum is constantly updating objects, antiques and historical documents. From the collections of natural history, ancient furniture, fishing boats, traditional costumes, customs, beliefs, … help visitors somewhat better understand Hong Kong culture. In general, the Hong Kong History Museum will make a great attraction, bring many memorable experiences for visitors.
In addition, this history museum also has 5 other branches, divided by each theme:
- Hong Kong Coast Guard Museum – A place to keep mainly antiques related to activities at sea.
- Lei Cheng Uk Han Tomb Museum – A place to explore unique tomb design.
- Law Uk Folk Museum – Where visitors will learn about old appliances and furniture.
- Fireboat Alexander Museum exhibit – See the famous fireboat Alexander and the stories surrounding it.
- Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Museum – Is the place for those who want to learn more about Hong Kong history in particular and Chinese history in general.