Korean Jjimjilbang sauna is one of the great experiences that you should not miss when coming to Kim Chi. It can be said that Jjimjilbang saunas are also one of the traditional cultural beauty of Korea. Many international tourists often choose the Jjimjilbang sauna in Korea to relax and chill.
About Korean Jjimjilbang sauna
Speaking of traditional Korean cultural beauty, it is impossible not to mention the Jjimjilbang sauna. This is one of the extremely attractive destinations that many tourists love.
There are three different types of public baths in Korea. In particular, the Jjimjilbang sauna, which means bathing and sleeping, is the most popular type of public bath in Korea. This sauna service is very developed here. Therefore, when traveling to Korea, you will find there are many bathrooms operating 24/24 to serve residents and visitors to experience.
Many people also consider Jjimjilbang is the cheapest type of motel in Korea. When you come here, you only have to spend a few thousand won to be able to sleep and have a sauna. If it is a popular bathroom, the bedroom will have a very large area. You will get more plastic pillows and a thin mattress for sleeping. If you want more privacy, you can choose the high-end Korean Jjimjilbang sauna with the same bedrooms as hotels to rest and relax.
However, there is a little inconvenience that Jjimjilbang saunas are often far from the center and places of entertainment, shopping and entertainment. Because in order to build these Jjimjilbang bathrooms, it is necessary to have a large area. Therefore, if you want to participate in the experience, take an entire day to participate. Surely this will be a great trip for you when traveling to Kimchi country.
What are the types of Jjimjilbang Sauna?
If you have not participated in the Jjimjilbang sauna experience once, you will probably wonder what kind of services are there? Normally, Jjimjilbang sauna will be divided into 6 different types of bathrooms:
- Pebble room also known as Jagal Jjimjilbang is the type of bathroom where you will lie or sit on a hot pebble stone after being lined with a mat above. This bath will help you feel healthier and more comfortable. Because it helps blood circulation and reduces the symptoms of muscle aches. Not to mention it also helps to release waste products in the body effectively.
- A burnt clay room, also known as Hwangto Bulgama, is a bathroom where clay is heated to 60 degrees Celsius. Then they emit infrared rays to help the body release fatigue.
- The gem room is also known as Boseokbang. This place is beautifully decorated with many precious stones. Inside the bathroom, there will be special stones that effectively care and clean the skin.
- Hannyakbang Oriental Herb Room is an inner bathroom with antique furniture and lots of oriental herbal tea bags.
- Hannyakbang ice cold room is very cold, when you enter this room, you will find your skin more shiny, wrinkles will also be blurred if you maintain regular and long-term Jjimjilbang bathing.
The Jjimjilbang Sauna in Korea are divided into 2 separate male and female areas. Inside there is a dressing room with a personal locker for guests. Areas for guests to soak, bathe or shower. These bathrooms will have common living and entertainment areas such as bedrooms, children’s play areas and cafeterias, steam rooms.
Admission to Jjimjilbang sauna is very cheap. Usually the price ranges between 6,000-12,000won, about 5.5 USD – 11 USD / person. If you go to a Korean sauna in the evening, the price will be slightly higher than during the day.
The above ticket price includes personal belongings such as bathroom clothes, towels, personal lockers. If you want to use food services, scrubs, you will have to pay separately as this is not included in the fare.
When you want to go to Jjimjilbang Korea, you will have two options when you want to buy tickets: buy tickets in advance at Kkday or go directly to the sauna to buy. Both forms of ticket purchase are for the same quality of service, the only difference is that buying on Kkday will be a little cheaper.
Some things to notice when going to Jjimjilbang sauna
When bathing in Jjimjilbang, you should pay attention to avoid splashing water and do not talk loudly in the room.
When participating in a sauna, the thin stone or clay will help warm your body. After that, you will find your body sweaty and healthier and more comfortable. However, you should not lie down for too long, which will dehydrate your body. Therefore, you should not feel comfortable and overslept
Normally, a Jjimjilbang bath at Korean saunas usually takes guests for one night. However, there are some bathrooms for guests to stay for a few days, so if you need to find out in advance
If you have a disease related to the heart, blood pressure, you should not use steam for too long. Only about 15-20 minutes is suitable
Hope the useful information above will help you better understand the type of Korean Jjimjilbang sauna. Wish you have a happy trip to Korea with many memorable experiences.